The X Factor is coming to America thanks to our lovable Simon Cowell!
Below is a letter from Simon regarding the X Factor. Simon advises what to sing or what not to sing, rather. If you've got what it takes to win the X Factor title and take home the $5 million then find your audition date below!
Hello,Do you, a friend or a family member have what it takes to become a global superstar? I'm looking for the next singing sensation, someone with that special something - 'The X Factor.'
The X Factor is my new show launching this Fall on Fox. It's a make-it-or-break-it singing competition, and this time there are no restrictions. Solo singers, vocal groups and anyone over the age of 12 have the chance to win a $5 million recording deal with Sony Music. There's NO upper age limit!
If you think you've got what it takes, we encourage you to audition. The search starts in Los Angeles on March 27th, and then continues on to Miami, Newark, Seattle, and Chicago, ending in Dallas. We are looking for people who know they can be superstars and have the raw talent to back it up.
Now is your chance, who knows, you or your group could walk away with a $5 million recording contract and a lifetime of stardom.
Below is a guide for your X FACTOR audition - everything you need to know to show up and be prepared.
|Location||Wristband Collection Date||Audition Date|
|L.A. Sports Arena |
Los Angeles, CA
|Saturday, March 26||Sunday, March 27|
|Bank United Center |
|Wednesday, April 6||Thursday, April 7|
|Prudential Center |
|Wednesday, April 13||Thursday, April 14|
|Key Arena |
|Tuesday, April 19||Wednesday, April 20|
|Sears Center Arena |
|Tuesday, April 26||Wednesday, April 27|
|Dallas, TX |
Dallas Convention Center
|Wednesday, May 25||Thursday, May 26|
STEP-BY-STEP AUDITION INFO
There are TWO PARTS to the registration process:
- FIRST: Collect your wristband the day before your audition. You pick up your wristband beginning at 6 AM the day before the audition day, until 6 AM the day of your audition. (You might be waiting in line for a bit, so plan accordingly). Also note that if you plan on bringing friends and family to support you, they have to register as well.
- SECOND: Arrive before 8 AM on the day of your audition. It could be a long wait so dress weather appropriate and remember to bring snacks and drinks. All the info you need to get to the venue for auditions and wristband collection is listed above and available here. Everyone attending will need a government issued ID, and that includes friends and family.
Now that you know when and where to show up, make sure you're prepared to WOW THE JUDGES!
2. PICK YOUR SONGS.
Choose a verse and chorus from three different songs to sing without backing music - just vocals. You may not get to perform all three, but be prepared just in case! This isn't the time to go with obvious choices. Pick songs that are unique to your personal talents and highlight what it is that you do best.
3. DRESS TO IMPRESS.
If you're serious about being a star, you have to look the part. That means showing off your own personal style with an ensemble that represents how you see yourself as an artist. Make it good, this is your time to shine.
4. MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
- You have to be a U.S. citizen.
- A parent or legal guardian must accompany anyone under the age of 18.
- Bring Valid ID: Keep in mind, that ID is still required for minors. That can come in the form of a school ID or a yearbook page with a matching birth certificate. If the minor is too young for school identification, parents can present a photo ID and the child's birth certificate so that names can be matched on the printed record.
So, now you know everything to get on the X Factor show! I can't wait for it to start. Simon Cowell is back!!!